The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Information that you voluntarily provide by filling in forms on our Website. For example, when you register for information, or make a booking, or contact us via the ‘contact us’ page.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us by any means.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- in order to process a booking directly online or via our booking agent Canopy & Stars.
- in order to sign up to our newsletter
- in order to discuss further your booking prior to, during or after your stay.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- via our booking agent Canopy & Stars during online or telephone bookings
- by way of a prize draw given via a third party organisation or company or partnership. We use the information that you have given us in order to create your booking. We may share this information with members of staff that work for The Lost Garden Retreat in order to provide the best customer service for your arrival and stay.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a vital interest.
- We need it to perform a public task.
- We have a legitimate interest.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to our owner Richard, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 07500068030.